NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER AND WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Sponsor. The United Airlines “Sydney and Houston, United” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by United Airlines, Inc., 233 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606 (“Sponsor”).
- Sweepstakes Period. starts on December 13, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on December 27, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of the United States (excluding residents of Florida and New York) and the District of Columbia; (ii) at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater on or before the start of the Sweepstakes Period; and (iii) have any version of ‘Sydney’ as their legal first or last name, as shown on their driver’s license, passport, birth certificate, or other form of valid government-issued identification (only the names as they appear in the list below are eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes):
Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor, any of Sponsor’s subsidiaries; affiliates; media partners; printers; advertising and Sweepstakes agencies; their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies (“Sweepstakes Group”); and their immediate family members (including spouse, mother, father, sister, brother and children and spouse of any of the foregoing) and those living in the same household of each (people who have shared the same residence at least three months over a period of one year prior to the start of the Sweepstakes Period) are not eligible to participate or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, access the entry form at www.SydneyHoustonUnited.com and accurately complete the online registration form including your valid email address, legal name, address, city, state, ZIP code, daytime phone number and date of birth. You will be required to indicate your agreement with these Official Rules in order to complete your registration. Click the “Submit” button (“Sweepstakes Entry”). Limit one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per person, per email address during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or any other methods may void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified, and any potential prize may be forfeited. Entries generated through a third-party website or software or in any way other than the manner set forth in these Official Rules is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant(s) using such methods.
- How to Win. On or about December 28, 2017 (the “Draw Date”), a random draw will be conducted by Sweepstakes Group or its designee from all eligible Sweepstakes Entries that are timely received during the Sweepstakes period to select five winners. Odds of being selected as eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes will depend on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries timely received during the Sweepstakes Period. Prizes will be awarded by random draw and there will be no geographically apportioned distribution of the Prizes.
- Prize Claim Conditions. Entrants selected as a potential winner (“Potential Winners”) are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The Potential Winner will be notified by Sweepstakes Group within approximately forty-eight (48) hours of the Draw Date at the email account provided by Entrant on the Sweepstakes Entry. Potential winners must:
- Complete and return to Sweepstakes Group (or its authorized agent) by the deadline specified in the documents a written affidavit of eligibility (or declaration and release) and publicity release form (except where prohibited by law) (collectively, the “Release”), releasing the Sweepstakes Group from any liability in connection with this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize; and
- Complete all tax documentation required by the law of the jurisdiction in which the Potential Winner resides (“Tax Documentation”).
Guest (or parent or legal guardian in the event guest is a minor) must sign a Travel Companion form within seven days of winner’s receipt of written prize notification. If the guest is a minor, they must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
The Sweepstakes Group will attempt to notify each Potential Winner a maximum of two times. If a Potential Winner does not respond within two (2) calendar days of first attempt by Sweepstakes Group or its agent, Sweepstakes Group will make a second and final attempt to notify the Potential Winner. Return of any Prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach a Potential Winner or failure of a Potential Winner to respond to notification within two (2) calendar days of second attempt by Sweepstakes Group or its agent, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), Release documents, Tax Documentation or other required documentation in a timely manner, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question (as applicable), or other non-compliance with these Official Sweepstakes Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the Prize and, at Sweepstakes Group’s sole discretion, selection of an alternate eligible entrant for the forfeited Prize at random from all remaining eligible Entries received, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
- Prize. There will be five (5) grand prize winners. Limit one (1) Prize per eligible entrant. Each grand prize winner will receive: (i) A voucher for a Round-trip [Economy Plus] Class (JN Class) flight from Houston, Texas to Sydney, Australia on United Airlines for winner and (1) guest departing on January 18, 2018 and returning on January 25, 2018; (ii) standard hotel accommodations for five (5) nights (one (1) room, double occupancy, room and tax only); (iii) one (1) $500 USD prepaid card; (iv) transportation to and from an airport near the winner’s legal residence (if the winner does not reside in the Houston area; if the winner resides in the Houston area the difference in value will not be awarded); and (v) access to the following attractions in Sydney: the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbor Sightseeing Cruise, and a day tour to the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains (the “Grand Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $4,800; ARV of all Grand Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes $24,000. Grand Prize will be awarded in the form of a single voucher including credits for verified winner and winner’s guest (at Sponsor’s discretion). Prize is subject to availability, and certain restrictions may apply. ARV may vary depending on city/day/date/time of departure and if the actual value of prize awarded is less than the ARV stated above, winner will not be entitled to receive any cash or other compensation for such difference between the actual value and the ARV. All terms and conditions of voucher apply. The voucher must be used for the January 18, 2018 – January 25, 2018 trip from Houston, Texas to Sydney, Australia for two round trip tickets. Flights are subject to availability and reservations are required. Blackout dates and holiday exclusions may apply. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any flight cancellations, delays or diversions. Prepaid card subject to standard terms and conditions.
Grand Prize winner and guest are solely responsible for any costs or expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified above as part of prize description, including without limitation, ground transportation, additional air transportation and accommodations, meals, tips, gratuities, beverages, sightseeing, souvenirs, excursions, baggage fees, incidentals and personal items, including any taxes associated with travel. No costs, fees or expenses are included as part of the prize unless specifically listed herein. Winner and guest are solely responsible for all required travel documents and/or identification (e.g., a valid government-issued photo ID, valid passport where required, visa, if required). Winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
Winners will be responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local, as applicable) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any Prize. Any person winning $600 or more worth of prizes from Sponsor in a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099 after the end of the calendar year in which the prizes were awarded, and copy of such form will be filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or such other tax form as may be required by law.
- Personal Information. Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter the Sweepstakes for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes and prize fulfillment. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants consent to such collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
- Conditions. All Sweepstakes Entries become the property of Sponsor and will in no event be acknowledged or returned, and no correspondence shall be entered into except as set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations/logins or Entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of registration. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Persons found tampering (or attempting to tamper) with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption, damage or affecting the proper administration of the Sweepstakes will be disqualified. Sweepstakes Group and their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated companies, employees, contractors and agents (“Released Entities”) are not responsible for any: (a) telephone, computer, printer, hardware, software or programming malfunctions or errors or interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, network malfunction, or other technical failures or errors, or failure to properly process Entries; (b) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, including inability to access the Sweepstakes, or other disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug or non-authorized intervention; (c) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer from entrant’s access of the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical or electronic; or (d) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Sweepstakes device or home page or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of Event postponement or cancellation, technical issues or failures, including but not limited to, corruption of the database of entrants, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other technical failures which Sponsor deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes (“Disruption”). Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes shall be selected by random drawing conducted by independent judges from among all eligible non-winning Entries unaffected by the Disruption and received prior to the action. Sponsor shall post notice of such action at the Event Location.
- Limitation of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS, RELEASED ENTITIES FROM AND AGAINST, ANY AND ALL RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER THAT THEY MAY HAVE, OR WHICH MAY ARISE, AGAINST ANY OF THEM FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY MATTER, CAUSE OR THING WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INJURY, LOSS, DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT, COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, TO PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THEIR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, OR THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. SPONSOR, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE A PRIZE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE IF A PRIZE BECOMES UNAVAILABLE. THERE WILL BE NO PRIZE SUBSTITUTION OR CASH REDEMPTION EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN.
- Governing Law/Jurisdiction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or sponsor in connection with the sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law of conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
- Disputes. As a condition of entering, participants agree (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in the state of Illinois, to which participant submits to personal jurisdiction; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- Winner’s List: For a list of the names of the Sweepstakes Grand prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope to: United Airlines “Sydney and Houston, United” Sweepstakes Winner’s Name; United | 3500 North Terminal Rd, Terminal C-South Mezzanine, Room 3006, Houston, TX 77032 Winner’s Name will be sent when the Sweepstakes Period is over and all properly claimed prizes have been awarded. Requests for Winner’s Name must be received by March 31, 2018.